Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tablets, Audio Recorder and Small Groups

As told by Kelly Koonce, Barbers Hill Elementary North, Third Grade


It is around this time of year that I begin to utilize stations more frequently in my classroom. With students working in stations around the room, they are more actively engaged and it allows me the freedom to work with individual students or small groups as needed. Although I love having the time with my small groups, I sometimes wished  I could still “teach” to the students who are participating in stations away from me. The Audio Recorder app lets me do just that!


With the audio recorder, I can record myself for a short period of time and send the recording out to my tablets for the students to listen to. I can record myself giving directions for a station so the students can have a reminder if needed or I can record an actual short lesson that the kids listen to and follow along with. I can also use this app to create my own books on “tape” for the students to read along with.  The versatility is great!

This app actually gives me the capability to be in two places at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment