Monday, February 8, 2016

Making AR Fun with Tablets!

Story provided by +Tara Franco, First Grade Teacher, Barbers Hill Primary Campus

In first grade, reading comprehension is very important. In order to help my students master that skill we utilize our tablets to take Accelerated Reader (AR) tests. Our campus does a great job of motivating the students with awesome prizes for reaching new goals. My class is extremely excited about the AR prizes so they try to take as many tests as possible.

My students are allowed to use the tablets during the technology portion of guided reading stations. Also, they are allowed to take AR tests when they finish an assignment early. The tablets have become an essential piece of our classroom.

I am so thankful to have the tablets because it helps my students not only get their AR points, but it gets them to love reading and have fun. All kids love technology! Any equipment they can use helps. So why not have them use the tablets to do something they might not otherwise enjoy. I want my students to leave first grade with a love of reading and technology!




No comments:

Post a Comment